No. 18 Warhawks drop doubleheader at No. 3 Lee | Schools
The Auburn University at Montgomery baseball team dropped a doubleheader at No. 3 Lee on Saturday, falling in the opener 4-1 and in the nightcap 9-2.
As a result, the Warhawks fell to 9-8 on the season and 2-4 in Southern States Athletic Conference play. The Flames improved to 15-2 and are now 6-0 in league games.
In the opener, Jose Samayoa scattered four hits over six innings of work to pick up the victory for Lee. Samayoa struck out seven and did not walk a batter to improve to 3-0 on the season.
Eran Franks took the loss for the Warhawks, allowing four runs on six hits in five innings of work. Franks also led the team at the plate with two hits, including a RBI double in the fifth inning. Chad Mansmann and Branden Kelley each added a hit, with Kelley scoring the lone run of the game for AUM.
Danny Canela paced the Flames with two hits, while Corey Davis, Karsten Strieby and Derrick Pitts drove in runs.
In game two, Lee scored seven times in its final three at bats and broke open a tie game. The Flames scored three runs in both the sixth and eighth innings, while adding a run in the seventh.
Shelby Nobles led AUM at the plate, finishing 3 for 5 in the loss. Wes Hughes and Bryan Young each drove in runs.
On the mound, Will Ruffin (2-1) suffered the loss, after allowing five runs on seven hits in five innings. Daniel Farrar followed with 2 1/3 innings, allowing four runs, before giving way to Erik Lawrence, who tossed the final 2/3 of an inning.
Jeremy Stawychny (2-0) earned the victory following two innings of scoreless relief. Brandon Rader finished with three hits for Lee, while Strieby and Brady Renner each drove in a pair of runs. Pitts also chipped in a pair of hits, finishing the series 5 for 10 with two home runs, a double and eight RBIs.
The Warhawks will return to action on Tuesday, Feb. 26, when they host Blue Mountain College for a doubleheader beginning at 3 p.m.
Source: AUM Sports Information Director
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National magazine paints negative light on Montgomery housing industry
- Internal investigation launched by MPD following allegations from prostitution suspect
- Two MPS students have been selected for a trip of a lifetime and need the community’s help!
- Brian Davis Joins Trenholm Tech Foundation Board
- Trenholm Tech Foundation Board Elects New Officers
- Millbrook boy to take on Washington, make a difference in fight over diabetes
- Millbrook baseball team reaching out to OK team it played over the weekend
- Millbrook dedicates new police and court facility
- Grand Opening Set for New City of Millbrook Police and Municipal Court Complex
- Group's fundraising efforts raise concerns