ALDOT reopens 2 lanes of I-85 NB near downtown Montgomery | News
MONTGOMERY, AL- The Alabama Department of Transportation has reopened the inside and center lanes of Interstate 85 North at mile marker 0.6 (in the vicinity of the bridge over Jackson Street).
The closure was part of the Alabama Department of Transportation's bridge joint repair and concrete slab replacement project on I-85 from I-65 to Hall Street near downtown Montgomery.
During the project, steel plates may be used to cover lane portions in preparation for concrete filling. Motorists are advised to pay attention to work zone signs and slow down in this area.
A work zone speed limit of 40 mph is being strictly enforced.
The bridge maintenance project is scheduled for completion this summer.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area.
INFORMATION SOURCE: Alabama Department of Transportation
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair