Prattville Christian Academy Sweeps Betty Gunn Speech and Debate Tournament | News
Prattville Christian Academy Panther Speech and Debate Team competed in the Betty Gunn Tournament at Mountain Brook High School in Birmingham, Alabama in early February. Proudly, the team swept all of the speech events they entered and placed 3rd overall in the School Sweepstakes. Chris Searcy, a Senior at PCA , won first place in Original Oratory; Sophomore Hannah Cherry and Junior Jordan Graham placed first in Duo. Hannah Cherry also placed first in individual Dramatic Interpretation, and Amber Gomez, a Sophomore, placed first in Humorous Interpretation. Junior Luke Demarco placed 2nd in Humorous Interpretation.
The team will compete in the District Tournament at The Montgomery Academy on Feb. 14-16, which is the qualifying tournament for Nationals.
We are very proud of the results and hard work the students are putting into this first year program at Prattville Christian Academy. The team’s motto is “Keep Calm and Argue On” so we know that good and better things are yet to come!
Information Source: PCA
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair