Man killed in hunting accident | News
AUTAUGA COUNTY, AL (WSFA)- A man was killed in a hunting accident near Autaugaville Monday evening. Others in the man's hunting party discovered his body after an afternoon of hunting, according to the Autauga County Sheriff's Office.
It appears that something happened with the tree stand, and the firearm discharged hitting the hunter. He had been out with his family. Both the Prattville Fire Department and Autaugaville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene. And the sheriff's office tells us hunting accidents are relatively rare."
"Most of our hunters in Autauga County are safe hunters, they wear orange, they do what they're supposed to do," said Chief Deputy Joe Sedinger with Autauga County Sheriff's Office. Just something that happens, you know."
The name of the hunter has not been identified. The Alabama Department of Conservation is also investigating.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY