Maxwell AFB exercise may affect traffic, gate access | News
Visitors to Maxwell Air Force Base and Gunter Annex might experience delays at the bases’ gates during the week of Jan. 14 as the base conducts an “active shooter” exercise and other exercise scenarios.
Military bases conduct active shooter exercises to monitor base personnel and emergency response teams’ ability to react to reports of a gunman on the installation.
Base officials are asking people who have business on Maxwell or Gunter to plan accordingly and exercise patience.
Maxwell and Gunter hold periodic exercises to ensure base personnel are prepared to respond in cases of natural disasters, accidents, and other emergencies.
Source: Maxwell AFB Office of Public Affairs
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY