Navistar pulls title sponsorship of LPGA Classic in Prattville | News
PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA)- The title sponsor of the annual Navistar LPGA Classic that's been hosted in Prattville for the last six years is pulling out of the event. Navistar spokesman Stephen Schrier confirmed the move Tuesday citing economic reasons.
"Navistar has been proud to be the lead sponsor of the Navistar LPGA Classic for the last six years and we've maintained a strong relationship with both the LPGA and the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail," Schrier said. "However, our current business climate requires a reduction of our sponsorship activities, including our sponsorship of the Navistar LPGA Classic."
The lack of a title sponsor leaves the future of the golf tournament in doubt, but the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail is working to find a new partner to keep the event going.
"We are working on a daily basis with the LPGA and with businesses and communities in the state of Alabama and have done so for the past 12 years," said John Cannon, President of the RTJ. "We are working on these events and actually pursuing a new title sponsor and committed, if possible, to continue doing an LPGA event both in Mobile and Prattville in 2013."
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Millbrook boy to take on Washington, make a difference in fight over diabetes
- Millbrook baseball team reaching out to OK team it played over the weekend
- Millbrook dedicates new police and court facility
- Grand Opening Set for New City of Millbrook Police and Municipal Court Complex
- Group's fundraising efforts raise concerns