Victims in fatal Prattville car crash identified | News
PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA)- Prattville authorities are identifying two people involved in a fatal one-vehicle crash that occured in the early morning hours of Monday.
The driver, Benjamin Lee Gibson, 23, of Montgomery was critically injured when the 2004 Nissan Maxima he was driving at a high rate of speed crashed on Main Street at Memorial Drive.
Gibson had to be cut from the vehicle and rushed to Baptist South Medical Center in Montgomery.
Gibson's passenger, Hollie Elizabeth Chavers, 21, of Millbrook, was ejected from the vehicle after the crash. Medics transported her to Baptist South where she later died.
The crash occurred at 2:47am and involved only Gibson's vehicle. Authorities say the Nissan knocked down two power poles before coming to rest at the intersection of Main Street and Davis Street.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation by the Prattville Police Department.
(SOURCE: Prattville Police Department)
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Millbrook boy to take on Washington, make a difference in fight over diabetes
- Millbrook baseball team reaching out to OK team it played over the weekend
- Millbrook dedicates new police and court facility
- Grand Opening Set for New City of Millbrook Police and Municipal Court Complex
- Group's fundraising efforts raise concerns