Laura Bush to speak at Faulkner University | News
Below is a news release from Faulkner University.
Leader. Educator. Wife. Mother. First Lady. Laura Bush will come to Montgomery Thursday, October 4, 2012, at the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa at the Convention Center downtown to speak at Turning Points, a dinner event to benefit Faulkner University.
Dinner will begin at 7 p.m. with a special-ticket admission reception preceding it at 5:30 p.m. Sponsorships and photo opportunities will be available.
At the event, Mrs. Bush will share her unique perspective as someone who played a part in history, revisiting the events that helped shape who she is today.
One of the most beloved and admired American First Ladies, for decades Laura Bush has championed key issues in the fields of education, health care, and human rights. She has traveled to more than seventy-six countries, including two historic solo trips to Afghanistan, and has launched groundbreaking education and healthcare programs in the U.S. and abroad. The author of the bestselling memoir, Spoken From The Heart, Mrs. Bush also founded both the Texas Book Festival and the National Book Festival in Washington D.C. Today, as the Chair of the Woman's Initiative at the George W. Bush Institute, Mrs. Bush continues her work on global healthcare innovations, empowering women in emerging democracies, education reform, and supporting the men and women who have served in America's military.
Proceeds from Faulkner's Turning Points Benefit Dinner go towards student scholarships. For event information or to purchase tickets, call the Office of University Advancement at 334.386.7257 or visit www.faulkner.edu.
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Millbrook boy to take on Washington, make a difference in fight over diabetes
- Millbrook baseball team reaching out to OK team it played over the weekend
- Millbrook dedicates new police and court facility
- Grand Opening Set for New City of Millbrook Police and Municipal Court Complex
- Group's fundraising efforts raise concerns