Yaupon "Draw it, Paint it, Sculpt it" contest | News
The City of Prattville has announced its "Draw it, Paint it, Sculpt It" Yaupon Tree Art Contest. Considered one of the largest in the state of Alabama, the Yaupon tree at the Creative Arts House, in downtown Prattville, serves as a focal point for the newly renovated Creekwalk. Its twisted branches and unique features make it ideal for this community art contest.
Any art medium, except photography, will be accepted, including but not limited to, oils, acrylics, watercolor, gauche, pencil, charcoal, pastels, clay, metal, wood, glass and mixed media. The winner of this contest will receive a $100 cash award.
Entries can be submitted by mail to 101 West Main Street, or hand delivered to the Cultural Art/Special Events office at 203 West 4th Street. The deadline to submit your entry is Friday, April 27, 2012. For more information and complete contest rules, call 334-358-0297.
Top Prattville Stories
Upcoming Events near Prattville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair