Prattville High School Football Coach resigns, takes job at Florence | News
PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA) - Prattville Football Head Coach Jamey Dubose has resigned his position with Prattville High School just weeks after taking the team to a state title at the AHSAA 6A High School Football Championship.
Dubose has been coaching at Prattville for the last eight years, he told his team about his resignation in an early Friday morning meeting.
"This was not an easy decision," said Dubose. "The last eight years at Prattville have been the most wonderful of my life. I have absolutely nothing negative to say. This was my decision to leave."
Dubose went on to say it was an honor and a pleasure to coach at Prattville, he feels fortunate to have won four state titles in his eight years there, two as an assistant coach and two as a head coach.
Authorities at Florence High School in northwest Alabama have announced Dubose will take over head coaching duties for their football team for the upcoming season.
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2013 Cloverdale-Idlewild Spring Concert Series concludes on Sunday!
- Sunken riverboat again planned as training site for city authorities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day