Local Krewe Named Grand Marshals | Events
The City of Prattville has announced that the Krewe of Athena will serve as this year’s grand marshals for the city’s 9th annual Mardi Gras parade, scheduled for next Saturday, January 26th at 1pm. This year’s theme is “Splashing into 2013- Mardi Gras Style.”
The Krewe of Athena was chosen Grand Marshals after they solicited sponsorships for the annual parade. “The Krewe of Athena has been very instrumental in planning our Mardi Gras parade this year,” said Kellie Cook, Leisure Services Director for the City of Prattville. “They took on the job of finding sponsors to cover the cost of police overtime for the event.”
Local vendors will be selling beverages and food, beginning at 11am at the Partners in Pediatrics parking lot, located next to Bank Trust in downtown Prattville. A children’s fun area will be set up with moonwalks and bouncy slides.
The parade route will begin at the Autauga County Courthouse, turning left on 4th Street. The entries will then turn left onto Washington and right on Wetumpka Street. The parade will then turn right on Northington Street and continue to Main Street, where the entries will continue through the downtown area. The parade will end at the Autauga County Courthouse.
Applications for this year’s parade are available online at www.prattvilleal.gov. For more information, call the Special Events Office at 358-0297.
Information Source: City of Prattville
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- Millbrook boy to take on Washington, make a difference in fight over diabetes
- Millbrook baseball team reaching out to OK team it played over the weekend
- Millbrook dedicates new police and court facility
- Grand Opening Set for New City of Millbrook Police and Municipal Court Complex
- Group's fundraising efforts raise concerns