More than 50 warrants served in Autauga County drug roundup | Crime
AUTAUGA CO., AL (WSFA) - The Autauga County Sheriff’s Office along with city, state and federal law enforcement started before daybreak, looking to serve around 50 warrants.
Autauga County Chief Deputy Joe Sedinger says this round up has been one year in the making, targeting offenders involved in drugs, specifically crack, and illegal firearms.
The crackdown spanned the entire county, even spilling over into Chilton County. For hours, Air One, the State Trooper helicopter, hovered over Autaugaville near a command post.
As Marshals, deputies or local police officers served the warrants, they would bring the offenders to the command post, to later be processed at the Autauga County Jail.
[SLIDESHOW - Click here to view mugshots of each suspect]
As of 3 p.m. 34 people have been arrested and the total number of warrants issued topped out at 81.
Charges include stolen vehicles, elicit drugs, stolen ATV's and a stolen utility trailer.
Of the 34 people arrested so far, three of those turned themselves in once they learned of this morning's operation.
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam