Hardware failure causes headaches at Guardian Credit Union | Business
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A hardware failure at Guardian Credit Union caused headaches at all eight local branches this morning.
According to a spokesperson, a piece of hardware failed overnight - when customers went in to the bank branch to access their accounts, they were unable to do so from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m.
It took a few hours for the part needed to repair the hardware to arrive from Birmingham. Officials with the Credit Union say things should be working normally now and they apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
The spokesperson also stated the outage did not affect debit card users - only users who entered the bank to withdraw money. They were able to use offline measures to give out a limited amount of cash as needed.
Guardian Credit Union has eight branches in the River Region - five in Montgomery, two in Prattville and one in Tallassee.
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair