Ribbon cutting ceremony set for Friday at Fras-le's expanded Prattville plant | Business
PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA) - It's been exactly 1 year since Fras-le North America announced that it was expanding its Prattville plant. Friday, Alabama Governor Robert Bentley will be among those on-hand for the official ribbon cutting ceremony.
Bentley, Fras-le executives and other elected leaders and economic developers will be at the manufacturing facility for the expansion celebration.
The $11 million expansion announcement was made in January of 2012.
The expansion increases the company’s capabilities to supply brake lining to its customer base for commercial vehicle business in North America.
The decision meant new equipment for the Prattville facility, located off Echlin Boulevard, and involved hiring of nearly 100 new employees in 2012 and 2013.
Top Prattville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair